Monday, February 12, 2007

The good old days........

What do you do when you feel a little sick, a little tired and want to nurse yourself back to health? The best remedy is a good movie on TCM, a big cup of tea and blankets galore. Today I indulged myself in what could possibly be one of Alfred Hitchcock's best movies, "Rear Window". Of course I'm a little biased, because I've had a crush on Jimmy Stewart since I watched "It's a Wonderful World" at age six. I've seen "Rear Window" before, but it only gets better.



How is this time around special, you ask? This time I noticed Grace Kelly's awesome wardrobe, of course. They don't make them like Grace Kelly anymore, but then again they don't make them like Edith Head anymore. Edith Head was a costume design genius. Indulge with me....





It makes me wish I was a girl in the 50s when certain occasions dictate certain outfits. You can tell even Jimmy Stewart is a little confused about why this ravishing girl is with him in the last photo!

No comments: