Tuesday, February 13, 2007

First HK street blog EVER.....show some appreciation!



Ok, so I don't know how people ask random people to take pictures on the street. I really want to do it, but I don't have enough balls yet. I was just chiding myself for being so cowardly when these two girls tapped me on the shoulder and said "Are you trying to take pictures for your fashion blog?" I was besides myself with joy. I thought to myself, "These girls are Godsend!"

The girl on the left, in her awesomely simple outfit told me she loves simple basics and is probably most influenced by her older sister. I have to commend her on using a basic staple, the black V-neck so well. Love the cuff jeans, love the lacy detail of her camisole and you can't see it in the photo, but her pointy heels are shiny fake python. She may look demure, but hidden under that facade is a wild child. Props to her vintage LV bag as well. I love a woman who confidently doesn't care about when things are not in season. Rock on with the simple Chic!

The girly on the right has the sexified, elegant secretary thing going for her. She volunteered that her favorite magazine is With. The moment she said that a lightbulb turned on in my head. I love her Japanese office lady influence. She looks elegant, put together and extremely lady-like. Again, fashion is in the details. She pointed out to me that she is wearing black knee socks to elongate her legs. They stuck out just a little over her boots and made an illusion that her boots were taller than they really were. I really admire this girl because for some reason, I would look like a total idiot if I ever attempted this look!

okok.....the game is over. So I still didn't have enough balls to ask strangers, so my lovely friends volunteered to pose in my first street style entry. Anyway, they have good taste, awesome attitude and love fashion, so why the hell not! Now, I just need to grow a few more layers of skin and get the courage to scare the hell out of the HK population.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

shoot, then tell/ask :P

sfanHK said...

HAHAHA. I thought I was going crazy when you said these random people, cuz I was like, "Isn't that Janet?!" Lydia looks totally different though and I was also thinking, "No way Gaga did that!" haha and I was right. Good luck with asking people. I think you should get those really "you know what kind of people" and tell them they look great. hahahahaha. that would totally mess them up or make the HK population even more you know... hehe. laters