Monday, June 4, 2007

i am back

Exams are finally over and I can try to work on this blog. I am very amazed by bloggers who can blog consistently. I guess at the end of the day it has something to do with character. I know this because a large chunk of my character is based on being LAZY....
However, better late than never to make a change.

I recently learned of a website www.20ltd.com, which sells limited edition luxury goods. From Derek Lam's assymetrical anorak to a Shanghai Tang chinchilla coat, the website sells 20 limited edition items at a time. When the item is sold out, it is then replaced by a new item in the "next 20" section. I personally feel that the concept is ingenious. We human beings are intrigued by terms like "limited edition" and "while stocks last". We buy into the hype of this because everyone wants something special that no one else. It almost sounds sad, but it adds a certain significance to our lives that differentiates us from the rest of the world. Of course, there are people, that just admire good quality and look at purchases such as these as a work of art.

If I had the money....I'd be interested in the Derek Lam coat:



And the Longchamp "Maxi Rival" bag in black or tan:



Oh, to love beautiful things and not have the resources to purchase them.......

No comments: