Friday, June 22, 2007

faves

To figure out yourself, you really have to know what you like. I've recently discovered that i have an irrational fear of those lists that tell you to list your favorite music, your favorite movie and so on, because when you list something you like, it is an indication of your character, an indication who you are. I have always left those sections blank, whether it was friendster or facebook. I think its because either 1) i am a private person and don't want people to know 2) i don't know what i like, and I have no idea who i am. the second reason scares me a little.

so i have decided to push myself a bit (isn't that the only way to grow?) and start out easy: who are my TOP 5 favorite designers in no particular order?

Alber Albaz for Lanvin


Phillip Lim for Phillip Lim 3.1



Vanessa Bruno for Vanessa Bruno



Stella McCartney for Stella McCartney



Tomas Maier for Bottega Venetta



other mentionable loves are (listing brands only): Derek Lam, Alexander Wang, Vera Wang, Doo.Ri (notice the Asian pride?)Chloe, Miu Miu, Bruno Pieters, Ann Demeulemeester, Bahnaz Sarafpour, Toga, Viktor and Rolf, Dries Van Noten, Jeremy Laing, Rick Owens, Preen, Noir, Comme Des Garcons, Marc Jacobs, Rodarte, Thakoon.

that wasn't too bad. now what does this say about who i am? and my view on aesthetics?

No comments: